Good Deal or Wouldn’t Steal: Ryca Motors CS-1
OK we’ve got an interesting one here. Maybe you’ve never heard of Ryca Motors, or their cafe racer kits. The CS-1 is the Ryca Cafe Racer kit. It’s built off of a Suzuki Savage 650cc bike. You used to be able to pick these up fairly cheap, but I don’t see the Savages for sale very often any more. It’s a $1000 bike in running condition. The Ryca CS-1 kit is $2750. Overall, you end up with a pretty cool package and a nice looking cafe style bike. However, is it worth $5500? Here is the sellers info, and you can see the ad here:
This Is A Custom Café Motorcycle Built With A RYCA CS-1 Kit On A 2002 Suzuki Savage.
– Painted Custom Carbon Grey Metallic (Professionally, Of Course)
– 650cc Single Cylinder With 5 Speed Trans.
– The Bike Currently Has 300 Miles Since It’s Completion.
– It’s Registered As A 2002 Suzuki Savage Which Makes It Super Cheap To Insure And Register.
– The Tires And Front Brake Pads Were Replaced During The Build
– Oil Change Was Done About 150 Miles Ago
– Gets About 50MPGs!!!
– It’s An Amazing Riding Bike And Super Fun To Rip Around Town
– Starts And Runs Great Every time
– Donor Bike 8000 Miles At Time Of Disassembly
– Has Almost Every Option RYCA Offers For The CS-1
This Bike Needs To Be Seen In Person To Truly Appreciate How Great It Looks And How Much Attention To Detail Was Put Into The Build!!
– The Bike Is In Absolutely Perfect Condition! It Has Never Been Tracked, Raced, Or Abused. Is Adult Owned And Ridden. Has No Scratches, Dings, Dents, or Damage.
– Has Clear California Title In My Name And Is Registered Until June 2014!
– Located In North Hollywood But Willing To Meet Up Within The L.A. Area For A Serious Buyer.
– Test Rides Only With M1 And Cash In Hand.
– I Also Have Brand New Suomy Flat Black Helmet With Mirrored Shield To Anyone Interested, Sold Separately Of Course.
What do you think? Is this a good deal ,or would you rather go find a Savage and build it yourself? We haven’t really talked about kit bikes here on MM, but I think it’s an interesting topic.